03/12/2023 Update - This is out of date and will be updated soon. In the meantime, please see the user manual (below) for most up to date information.
An ideal way to use NM Collector CP is to enter your data in the desktop application and then transfer it to your android device to take it with you for reference wherever you go. Also, your Android device is a great way to take pictures of the items in your collection. After adding pictures to your items, you will want to transfer your updated data back to your desktop.
Transferring data from desktop to Android device
Here are the steps to transfer your data from your desktop to your Android device.
1. In the NM Collector CP desktop application,
a. Select the collection with data that you want to transfer.
b. Select [File > Export Current Collection Items to CSV] from the menu.
c. The data is saved to the "Export Dir."
d. The export dir is listed in the [Help > About] menu item.
2. Connect your Android device to your computer's USB Port
3. Open your android device in Windows File Explorer.
a. Locate the export directory on your Android device by searching for nmCollectorCP
b. Double click the net.nmcollector.nmCollectorCP in the search results to open the
directory on your Android device.
c. Navigate to files/Exports on your android device.
d. Copy the [collectionName].csv file and picture directories from your desktop export folder to your Android Export Folder.
4. From within NM Collector CP on your Android device select [Import] from the hamburger menu.
a. Give it time to import your data. It will show you a progress bar as it is importing your data. Once imported the progress bar will go away and you will see a confirmation message that your data was imported.
b. To see your imported data, select a different collection and then re-select the collection that contains your imported data.
Transferring data from Android device to desktop
To transfer your updates from your android device to your desktop, simply reverse the process.
1. From within NM Collector CP on your Android device select [Export] from the hamburger menu.
2. It will quickly respond with an export was successful message. It takes less time to export your data than it does to import your data.
3. Copy the [collectionName].csv file and picture directories from your Android export folder to your desktop. Any location will work as long as you remember where you copied it to.
NOTE: Do not try to import directly from the Android device itself. Copy your data to your desktop first.
4. In the NM Collector CP desktop application,
a. Select the collection with data that you wish to import
b. Select [File > Import Items from CSV] from the menu